Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How I understood the Significance of Sports College Jerseys


 I never knew that one match with my college friends would change my perception for the sports forever. Last Friday, my friend invited me to see the live match between two reputed college teams endorsed by NCAA.  I agreed happily but when I met them at the stands, I was shocked to see that all of them were dressed in college jerseys and hats whereas I was in usual attire. Printed with the logo and numbers of players, the jerseys were even sporting the names of my friends on the back. 

When I entered the ground, the shock and surprise overwhelmed me. I never knew that people were taking games this seriously! May be I was not living on the planet Earth meanwhile.  The supporters of both the teams had painted the entire stand in respective sportswear and formed a small sea of followers. The way they were waving their college hats when their team scored was a moment that I could never forget.
Though, I was with them throughout the game yet I could feel the difference. I sidelined myself because dressed alike they were representing my college while I was nowhere in the sight.  I could see that they were able to relate with the team and cheer for it or feel the down when the rival time scores. Finally when our team won and we all had sigh of relief and rejoice, I mustered the courage to ask my friends about their college jerseys and hats, and enquire about the place where I could purchase them. 

Seems like, the day was destined to be increasingly surprising for me. Internet was the place where I could purchase college merchandise and guess what; I was the proclaimed Internet freak till then. I never knew I could find shopping deals online! More to my surprise, I was told that I could buy authentic and replica jerseys or caps of professional sports star also. Well, now I have learnt my lesson and have already purchased all the stuff such as banners, flags, coffee mugs, emblem including jerseys and college hats of my team so that when my team would play in the final, I could be the part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment